- Describe what RBM is, how it adds value to programming, and how it helps UNICEF achieve its desired results for children;
- Define essential RBM concepts and terminology;
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a strategic plan using RBM principles;
- Create cogent reports for different audiences and that demonstrate the results of your program for children.
- Types of Development Results
- Results philosophy and principles
- Management areas of focus
- Significance of results-based management in the United Nations system
- Challenges and the Joint Inspection Unit approach to defining a valid basis for system-wide assessment
- Benchmarking against results principles
- Management areas of focus in the benchmarking framework
- and much more…
What you will learn
- Theoretical and conceptual basis for assessing the stages of development
- Outcomes of results-based management and assessment
- Assessment methodology for stage of development and outcomes
- key stakeholders for RBM
- the organization’s logic modelS
- The strategic results framework including key indicators.
- Evaluation with RBM
the risk register
- risk management plan
- evaluation with RBM
- the strategic monitoring and evaluation plan
- Implementing RBM, dealing with data & reporting
- fostering a learning culture
- Managing change with RBM.
Requirements & who can attend
No experience required.
Suitable for: This course is recommended for all UNICEF staff, and it is mandatory for Program & Operations professional staff.
Learn by doing
- How to produced Direct results or outputs
- How implementing results-based management in development co-operation organizations?
- What progress and benefits can be seen?
- What are the good practices to address these challenges?