Sunday-Wednesday, 13, 14, 15, 16 October 2019
Last Date of
Registration: 09 October 2019
Engr. Asif Iqbal
Country Head of EHS @ Siemens Bangladesh, (Former Senior EHS Professional @ Chevron Bangladesh and Novartis Bangladesh) MBA, B.Sc. Engineer, NEBOSH IGC, OSHA & IOSH MS Certified H&S Practitioner.
Mr. Asif Iqbal is a well-experienced Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) professional and Trainer with 15 years of successful career length in the field of manufacturing and process industry that includes cement, pharmaceuticals, power generation & distribution and oil & gas industry. Currently he is holding the position of Country Head of EHS at Germany based leading global power generation & engineering company Siemens Bangladesh Ltd. Previously he also worked for some other world reputed top global/multinational companies in Bangladesh like US based oil & gas company Chevron Bangladesh, Switzerland based pharmaceutical company Novartis Bangladesh and Mexico based cement company CEMEX Bangladesh in the field of Engineering, Operations and EHS.
During his long professional career, Mr. Asif availed the opportunity of getting extensive local and overseas professional training in several countries including USA, Germany, Austria, China, Singapore, Thailand, India, Malaysia, UAE etc. which enabled him to enhance his knowledge & expertise in his field as well as to largely contribute in promoting the overall corporate & industrial EHS culture and management system up to world- class standard in all those multinational companies he has worked for. He also played a key role as a member of audit team in several prestigious corporate EHS compliance audits in cement, pharmaceuticals and oil & gas industries at home and abroad.
Apart from his profession, being an efficient Training Consultant, he has regularly been facilitating training sessions on different EHS related topics at various local and multinational organizations and reputed Training institutes in Bangladesh with a very well reputation for last several years.
After graduating as a Mechanical Engineer from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Mr. Asif obtained his Master of Business Administration (MBA) from North South University, Dhaka. Later with a goal to accelerate his career growth in EHS, he also achieved some internationally recognized prestigious certifications like NEBOSH IGC (UK), OSHA General Industry (USA), IOSH Managing Safely (UK), Certified HSE Incident Investigator (Singapore) etc.
This four (04) days long certificate course has been systematically designed with an aim to provide a thorough knowledge and awareness on Health, safety & Environment (HSE) Management to the employees of any organizations in the field of manufacturing or process industry where employees or contractors are regularly being exposed to high potential of different types of workplace accidents which may lead to occupational illness, injury, property damage, environmental pollution, company’s reputational or financial loss, or even human fatality. Learning from this course will help the participants in applying at their respective organizations to avoid or minimize workplace accidents which can ultimately ensure a much safer and healthy workplace for all employees.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to learn the following:
- Identifying workplace hazards, minimizing their risks with appropriate control measures and thereby avoids the financial costs of accidents & occupational ill health.
- Determining root causes of workplace accidents through proper investigation and preventing recurrence of the accidents.
- Preventing personal injury/illness and property damage associated with high risk tasks in workplaces including hot work, electrical work, work at height, work with hazardous energy, operations with machine guards, work inside confined space etc.
- Applying proper procedures of safe handling, use, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals and protecting employees from exposures of hazardous chemicals.
- Managing risks at chemical laboratories through best practices and procedures effectively.
- Appropriate measures to control the risks of forklift operation to ensure a safe warehouse.
- Best possible ways to safely manage and dispose wastes generated at workplace, thereby protect environment and comply with regulations.
- Organization’s Leadership responsibilities to promote and develop a positive Health and Safety culture.
- HSE Management System and it’s Significance in Organizations
- Hazard Vs. Risk
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control
- Overview on Workplace Accidents / Incidents
- Managing Workplace Accidents / Incidents Effectively
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Managing Work at Height
- Confined Space Entry – Hazards and Risk Mitigation
- Hot Work Safety
- Machine Guarding & It’s Importance in Manufacturing Facility
- Isolation of Hazardous Energy
- Electrical Safety
- Hazardous Chemicals Safety Management
- Laboratory Safety Practices and Procedures
- Forklift Safety for Managing a Safer Warehouse facility
- Safe Storage and Handling of Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Fire Safety and Emergency Management
- Waste Management and Environmental Stewardship
- Behavior Based Safety (BBS)
- Safety Culture & Leadership Responsibilities
- Distribution of Certificates
PowerPoint Presentation, Video Clips, Group Discussion, Exercises, Question & Answer session, Quiz & Exams.
Who will be benefited?
Factory Managers, Maintenance Engineers, Health & Safety Managers, Quality Control Officers, Chemists, Warehouse Officers, Compliance Managers.
Language: English and Bengali
Certificate: Certificate of attendance will be provided.
Course Fee: Tk. 6,000/- (per participant) excluding VAT and TAX payable in advance in favour of “Arena Phone BD Ltd.” in the form of crossed cheque or pay order or direct deposit to the Bank Account.
Venue: Arena Excellence, Rupayan Center (6th Floor), 72 Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka 1212
Bank Account details:
- Account Name: Arena Phone BD Ltd., Account Number: 0074-0210001524, Bank Name: Trust Bank Ltd, Branch Name: Mohakhali, Dhaka
- Account Name: Arena Phone BD Ltd., Account Number : 010312900000003, Bank Name: First Security Islami Bank Ltd, Branch Name: Mohakhali, Dhaka
- Bkash Account: 01814663094 (Personal)
Organizations nominating five or more delegates will enjoy 10% discount on course fee. The fee will cover tuition, stationery, reproduction of training material, training aids/equipment, cost of venue, food & refreshment, certificate etc.
Note: Seats are limited and will be filled-in on first come first serve basis.