• Chemical Hazards – Physical and Health
• Categories of Hazardous Chemicals
• Identifying Hazardous Chemicals at Workplace
• Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
• 5 Key Elements of HAZCOM
• Globally Harmonized System (GHS) & Chemical Labeling
• Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and its Significance
• Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals – Risks and Control Measures
• Preventing Workplace Accidents from Hazardous Chemicals
• Safe Practices for Storage and Handling of Hazardous Chemicals
• Chemical Laboratory Safety Practices and Procedures
• Emergency Response to Hazardous Chemical Spill
• Hazardous Chemical Waste Management and Environmental
After this training, participants will be able to learn the following:
• Proper procedures of safe handling, use, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals at workplaces
• Hazardous properties of various chemicals commonly used at industries in Bangladesh.
• How HAZCOM procedures, MSDS as well as GHS signs and labeling are used to identify and communicate chemical hazards.
• How to minimize or prevent personal injury/illness, liability and property damage associated with hazardous chemicals.
• Appropriate measures to control the risk of handling, storing and disposal of hazardous materials, especially at laboratories and warehouses.
• How to maintain labels appropriately so that employees can identify hazards and protect themselves in their work area.
• How to respond in case of emergency caused by unwanted exposure or spill of hazardous chemicals
• Best possible ways to safely manage and dispose wastes generated from hazardous chemicals, thereby protect environment and comply with regulations.
Engr. Asif Iqbal – Country Head of EHS @ Siemens Bangladesh, (Former Senior EHS Professional @ Chevron Bangladesh and Novartis Bangladesh) MBA, B.Sc. Engineer, NEBOSH IGC, OSHA & IOSH MS Certified H&S Practitioner.
Mr. Asif Iqbal is a well-experienced Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) professional and Trainer with 15 years of successful career length in the field of manufacturing and process industry that includes cement, pharmaceuticals, power generation & distribution and oil & gas industry. Currently he is holding the position of Country Head of EHS at Germany based leading global power generation & engineering company Siemens Bangladesh Ltd. Previously he also worked for some other world reputed top global/multinational companies in Bangladesh like US based oil & gas company Chevron Bangladesh, Switzerland based pharmaceutical company Novartis Bangladesh and Mexico based cement company CEMEX Bangladesh in the field of Engineering, Operations and EHS.
During his long professional career, Mr. Asif availed the opportunity of getting extensive local and overseas professional training in several countries including USA, Germany, Austria, China, Singapore, Thailand, India, Malaysia, UAE etc. which enabled him to enhance his knowledge & expertise in his field as well as to largely contribute in promoting the overall corporate & industrial EHS culture and management system up to world- class standard in all those multinational companies he has worked for. He also played a key role as a member of audit team in several prestigious corporate EHS compliance audits in cement, pharmaceuticals and oil & gas industries at home and abroad.
Apart from his profession, being an efficient Training Consultant, he has regularly been facilitating training sessions on different EHS related topics at various local and multinational organizations and reputed Training institutes in Bangladesh with a very well reputation for last several years.
After graduating as a Mechanical Engineer from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Mr. Asif obtained his Master of Business Administration (MBA) from North South University, Dhaka. Later with a goal to accelerate his career growth in EHS, he also achieved some internationally recognized prestigious certifications like NEBOSH IGC (UK), OSHA General Industry (USA), IOSH Managing Safely (UK), Certified HSE Incident Investigator (Singapore) etc.
Power Point Presentation, Video Clips, Group Discussion, Exercises, Question & Answer session.
Who will be benefited?
Factory Managers, Quality Control Officers, Health & Safety Managers, Chemists, Warehouse Officers, Compliance Managers, Engineers.
Language: English and Bengali
Date & Time : Will updated
Certificate: Certificate of attendance will be provided.
Course Fee: Tk. 3,500/- (per participant) excluding VAT and TAX payable in advance in favour of “Arena Phone BD Ltd.” in the form of crossed cheque or pay order or direct deposit to the Bank Account.
Venue: Arena Excellence, Rupayan Center (6th Floor), 72 Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka 1212
For Registration Contact with Mr. Maksud-ul-Haque, Centre Manager, 01844471509, 01844054131, Ms. Sadia Akter, Executive Business Development, 01880196294 Ms. Jannatul Ferdoss, Executive-Training, 01844471510, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Website: excellence.com.bd, Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Arenaexcellence