Mr. S.M. Arifuzzaman
Associate Professor and Head, School of Business, Canadian University of Bangladesh
Mr. S.M. Arifuzzaman is a seasoned educator, great mentor and corporate trainer with almost fifteen years of experience providing outstanding knowledge products for hundreds and hundreds of students, managers and employees. Arif has been in the teaching field since 2004 and is known for his dynamic, motivating and humorous speaking style. Taking his speaking talents into the world of work, Arif brings a variety of trainings to the corporate world. With extensive experience of creating programs, Arif has delivered career workshops which include Leadership, Coaching & Mentoring, Teamwork, Presentation Skills, Career counseling, Bootstrapped financing, and Emotional Intelligence.
A recipient of French Govt. Scholarship and AIT Fellowship, Arif holds Euro Asian Dual Degrees Master in Management, Finance from ESCP Europe, Paris and MBA from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) along with a B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering from BUET. He has also earned a PgDMC (Post Graduate Diploma in Management Consultancy) from Institute of Management Consultants Bangladesh (IMCB).
Mr. S.M. Arifuzzaman is currently working as an Associate Professor and Head of the School of Business, Canadian University of Bangladesh. He is also a member of the Syndicate of this university. During his long career, he has taught at the country’s five top-level private universities, namely North South University, IUB, AIUB, East West University and BRAC University. He has delivered lectures on advanced finance topics to the MBA students of IBA, Dhaka on several occasions. He has been
featured regularly in popular TV channels like News24, Independent, Jamuna TV, Boishakhi TV, ATN Bangla where he shares his expert opinions on education system, economy and capital market of
Bangladesh. As a prolific writer he has published more than 50 articles on education and training in leading newspapers of Bangladesh. He is also an Adviser of English Olympiad, country’s biggest platform for inspiring leadership.
Mr. Arif’s strength comes through his unique analytical and empathetic ability to understand the knowledge and skills his participants need to increase their performance and productivity. He then designs and delivers her programs in a way that excites and motivates participants to use new skills and change their behaviors. As a consequence his training includes the resources that are up-skilled / cross-skilled to leverage both current and future opportunities.
Experts now agree that Emotional Intelligence often determines who will climb the corporate ladder and who will be passed over. The pace of change is increasing, and our workplaces are making greater demands on our cognitive, emotional, and physical resources. Amid this emotional intelligence will continue to emerge, not as something “nice” to have, but as an increasingly important set of “must-have” skills. Emotional Intelligence strategies combine with native intelligence increase our ability to successfully manage the constant challenges from customers and our business associates.
Through skill building exercises, and group discussion, this one-day course will provide you with the opportunity to identify your own challenges in maintaining positive environments and collaborative relationships as well as overcoming resistance and negativity. Participants will explore tools, techniques, skills and perceptions to perform your role and manage your emotions with confidence and positive results.
- An understanding of the importance of using Emotional Intelligence
- A model to guide your responses to difficult and challenging situations
- The ability to self-motivate while tempering negative responses
- Team communication skills for running effective meetings, decision-making, and creative problem-solving
- The opportunity to practice applying tools and skills through individual and group exercises
- The confidence to deal with resistance and negativity
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities that promote trust, motivation, and commitment to results
- Self-motivation and job satisfaction as factors that contribute to high performance
- Practical tools and skills for communicating effectively, assertively, and collaboratively
- Communication approaches and skills for developing relationships and ownership for successful outcomes and follow through
Session 1: Why Emotion Matters?
- Can we recognize emotions?
- Why we should manage emotions?
- Characteristics of a high EQ person and a low EQ person
- Emotional Intelligence Quiz
Session 2: What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Self-awareness, Self-regulation, Self-motivation, Empathy, Effective Relationships
Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence:
- How to accurately perceive emotions
- Use emotions to facilitate thinking
- Understand emotional meanings
- Manage emotions
Session 3: Verbal & Non-verbal Communication Skills
- Focused listening
- Asking questions
- Communicating with flexibility and authenticity
- Body language
- It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it
Session 4: Becoming Emotionally Intelligent
- How aware are you?
- Articulate your emotions using language
Tools to Regulate Your Emotions and Gaining Control:
- Seeing the other side
- Self-management and self-awareness
- Giving in without giving up
- Using coping thoughts
- Thinking about stress differently
- Bringing it all together
Emotionally Intelligent Practices:
- Understand emotions and how to manage them in the workplace
- Role of emotional intelligence at work
- Disagreeing constructively
- Optimism, Pessimism & the balance between two
Making an Impact:
- Creating a powerful first impression
- Assessing a situation
- Being zealous without being offensive
- Final thought
- Lecture & discussion
- Power point Presentation
- Peer learning
- Case study exercises
- Video clip
Who will be benefited?
Individuals who wish to accomplish the following will benefit from this course:
- Increase deliberateness in making decision
- Temper negative responses to distressing situations
- Improve conflict and communication skills
Language: English and Bengali
Certificate: Certificate of attendance will be provided.
Course Fee: Tk. 4,000/- (per participant) excluding VAT and TAX payable in advance in favour of “Arena Phone BD Ltd.” in the form of crossed cheque or pay order or direct deposit to the Bank Account.
Venue: Arena Excellence, Rupayan Center (6th Floor), 72 Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka – 1212
Time: Will update
For Registration Contact with Mr. Maksud-ul-Haque, Centre Manager, 01844471509, 01844054131, Ms. Sadia Akter, Executive Business Development, 01880196294 Ms. Jannatul Ferdoss, Executive-Training, 01844471510, E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: excellence.com.bd, Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Arenaexcellence
Organizations nominating five or more delegates will enjoy 10% discount on course fee. The fee will cover tuition, stationery, reproduction of training material, training aids/equipment, cost of venue, food & refreshment, certificate etc.