Mr. Md. Arif Khan
Chief Consultant, Sullivan Consulting and Learning Services, M.Com, MBA, PGDIM, INT.DIPLOMA-SCM-(P), Switzerland
Mr. Md. Arif Khan is a professional Consultant (Business, Learning & Career) of Sullivan Consulting and Learning Services and Chief Supply Chain Officer of FMS Group (Supply Chain, Commercial & Marketing).
He has 25 years of real life working experience in different International and Local Corporate organization, Government Organization, UN organization and Educational Institutes. His expertise areas are on Supply Chain Management, Procurement Management (Local Procurement, International Procurement and Public Procurement) Import-Export Management, International Trade and Business, Entrepreneurship Development, Business Development, Marketing Management, Regulatory and Corporate Affairs, Training Management, Career Management, Cross Cultural Management.
Early 90’s he had started his career with Navana Industries Ltd. as Executive (Import-Export-Industries Division), Mr. Khan also worked at Apex Adelchi Footwear Ltd., as Commercial Manager(Import-Export-Industries Division), at Integra Communications Ltd., as Head of Supply Chain and Corporate Affairs, at UNDP as Specialist (Marketing & Business Development), at AMS Group as CEO (Supply Chain, Commercial, Marketing), at INTI International University-Malaysia as Senior Faculty (Business& Marketing), at BRAC as Faculty Coordinator (Business & Enterprises).
Mr. Khan is a certified Trainer of WTO/UNCTAD/ITC – Switzerland and CIPS- UK on Supply Chain Management. Mr. Khan has earned his postgraduate degrees on M.Com (Management), PGD (Industrial Management), MBA (Marketing & International Business), International. Diploma (Purchasing and Supply Chain Management), ITC-Switzerland.
Mr. Khan is senior Trainer of DCCI Business Institute on Supply Chain Management since 2006. He is also conducting training in leading Corporate, Training organizations and Institutes in Bangladesh. He was awarded as Top teaching award while worked in a cross cultural environment at INTI International University – Malaysia. Mr. Khan has also conducted and facilitated several Trainings, Workshops, Seminars and Trade Fairs while worked at UNDP, INTI and BRAC.
Mr. Khan has attended and completed successfully several Trainings, Trade Fairs, Workshop and Seminars in home and abroad successfully.
During his work tenure he has travelled many countries and gathered practical knowledge on individual and Business Culture of diverse group of people, organization and country. He has worked with many top successful business entrepreneurs and leaders in Bangladesh and abroad.
Banking, Customs, Shipping Procedure in Export-Import Business course is designed and articulated to sharpen participant’s knowledge and skills in doing Export-Import business efficiently and successfully. Step by step process and procedures have been described as participants can gather knowledge easily and implement the training result in the real life business. This course is planned carefully that participants can ship the goods without hassle and manage Banks, Customs, Shipping and Clearing formalities of imported and exported products smoothly and efficiently.
For Export-Import business your Bank C & F, Customs, Freight Forwarding & Shipping Agents plays a vital role to visualize your business. Good relationship and careful management with the Bank C&F, Customs, Freight Forwarding & Shipping Agents is required in Export-Import Business. Also a careful management is required while shipping your goods in case of export. As well a close monitor and efficient management is need while you handle the customs formalities while clearing the imported cargo/consignment from either Chittagong Seaport or Dhaka Airport or Benapole Land port or any other port in Bangladesh.
If the goods you need for your business are unavailable in this country or cost less in others, then you may want to import them. Importing commercial goods into Bangladesh is a regulated activity. The Chief Controller of Import and Export authority is the government organization that enforces import and export regulations. Importing is big business these days.
Learning the basics, conducting research and staying informed can help you succeed in your export venture.
Export-Import business is one of the hot industries of the new millennium. Export-Import business becomes more and more rewarding, both in terms of profit and personal satisfaction.
A careful management is required while shipping your goods in case of export. As well a close monitor and efficient management is need while you handle the customs formalities while clearing the imported cargo/consignment from either Chittagong Seaport or Dhaka Airport or Benapole Land port or any other port in Bangladesh.
- Explain the main formalities and concept in Banking, Shipping and Customs Formalities and Clearing Consignment (in the case of Import and Export).
- It aims to provide participants foundational and advanced knowledge on how to tackle, resolve, and manage myriad complex problems and issues that confront Export-Import managers.
- The purpose of the course is to recognize the right and complete process and procedure of shipping export consignment, maintain customs and clearing formalities for imported goods, equipments, machinery, spare parts etc.
- Strengthening the Capacity of the professional involves in Export-Import as they can find out GAP, minimize cost and shorten lead time.
- Manage Banking, Shipping and Customs formalities to ship out the products and services to the right places in right time and satisfy the customer.
- Manage customs and clearing formalities of imported products and services in right time and satisfy the customer.
- Export and Import Business Overview
- Export and Import Business Model and Procedure
- Available Shipping lines & freight forwarders selection and management
- Types of Exportable and Importable Items and Its Packing
- Managing Banks in case of Export and Import:
- Open Bank Account
- EXP-IMP formalities from Bank
- Selection of Perfect HS Code and Incoterms
- How to Prepare Export Documents/Shipping Documents
- Managing Shipping Line and Freight Forwarders
- Proceed realization through Bank
- Bargaining the Freight
- Export cost calculation
- Landed cost calculation
- Checking Restriction of items as per Export Policy of GOB
- Checking restriction of items as per Import Policy of GOB
- Appropriate Inco term usages for export transportation
- Preparing the Export documents
- Banking Formalities–Export Documents Negotiation
- C&F agent selection and management
- Manage Customs Authority
- PSI & Post shipment inspection
- Tariff classification, rate of duties and taxes
- C&F agent selection and management
- Manage Customs Authority
- Learning Check
- Lecture & discussion
- Power point Presentation
- Peer learning
- Group work and presentation
- Experience sharing
- Role play
- Buzz and simulation games
- Case study exercises
- Video clip
Who will be benefited?
The business owners or individuals are interested to start export-import business , graduate business & engineering students, professional engaged in Export, Import, Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution ,Shipping, Freight Forwarding ,Customs, Courier ,Training, International Trade and many more learning minded people those are involved in Private Sector, Public sector and Nonprofit organizations (NGOs).
Language: English and Bengali
Certificate: Certificate of attendance will be provided.
Course Fee: Tk. 4,000/- (per participant) excluding VAT and TAX payable in advance in favour of “Arena Phone BD Ltd.” in the form of crossed cheque or pay order or direct deposit to the Bank Account.
Venue:Arena Excellence, Rupayan Center (6th Floor), 72 Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka 1212
Time: Will update
For Registration Contact with Mr. Maksud-ul-Haque, Centre Manager, 01844471509, 01844054131, Ms. Sadia Akter, Executive Business Development, 01880196294 Ms. Jannatul Ferdoss, Executive-Training, 01844471510, E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: excellence.com.bd, Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Arenaexcellence
Organizations nominating five or more delegates will enjoy 10% discount on course fee. The fee will cover tuition, stationery, reproduction of training material, training aids/equipment, cost of venue, food & refreshment, certificate etc.